Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Why I Blog

I see plenty of blogs by recruiters and HR, but I have not seen many blogs that represent the hiring manager’s point of view -- or the candidate’s for that matter. I have been both a hiring manager and a job candidate many times, so my goal is to share my war stories and lessons learned for the benefit of others.

Having said that, I don’t want to completely give away all the secrets of the hiring manager’s trade. I won’t say what I think a fair wage is for an X, Y, or Z position, as that information is highly subjective and dependent on many factors. I also try to avoid naming specific companies I’ve worked for or recruiters that I’ve worked with. Although, depending on how you got to this blog you may have figured out much of that information anyway.

Still, if you’d like to read about specific topics I haven’t covered, or want me to go into more depth on a topic I have discussed in passing, please let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've read every post since you started, and enjoy getting updates in my RSS every day. I generally don't have any comments, but I do find this blog interesting. Please keep up with new postings!